Happy World Photography Day!
Today I am inspired to share what I carry when I don’t check a bag and have much less room in my carry-on for the barrage of cameras I enjoy bringing on my travels. Actually, when I travel carry-on only (which is new for me) I have NO room in my carry-on for camera gear. I use a special pillow for my (slightly herniated) neck when I travel, so that takes up a large portion of space (even though it’s not full-size).
The Roma, a padded camera bag insert you place into your purse or personal item, is the perfect solution. I’m still not able to bring my preferred 7 cameras, but I can bring 3 that are protected nicely and well organized. It’s designed to fit one DSLR and a lens, but I’m a different kind of photographer and find it just as useful.
What You See
- Yashica A Twin Lens
- Custom camera strap by Stash
- Olympus E-PL1 with Lumix 20mm lens
- Horizon Kompakt
- Field Notes journal
- Business cards
- Hotel Havana pen
- Sharpie ultra fine point
What I Love
- The colors and design are sleek and stylish.
- The leather side handles make it easy to remove the bag from a purse or personal item.
- It also fits in the bottom of my backpack, which is great if I’m riding my bike.
- I can reconfigure it to carry all different sizes and types of cameras.
Not So Much
- It only comes with one divider. You can purchase more though.
- It takes a bit of patience to fasten the two magnetic closures.
May your journey be your muse,
I am not affiliated with Ona Bags and purchased The Roma on my own.