I wear what some might call “hippie” deodorant. I also hate to sweat. Obviously this combination is a struggle.
Aluminum-based compounds are used as the active ingredient in antiperspirants. These compounds form a temporary plug within the sweat duct that stops the flow of sweat to the skin’s surface. –cancer.gov
This, and several other reasons, are why I have decided to forgo deodorant with antiperspirant.
One of the times I sweat the most is going through the airport, dealing with the hot and cold nature of terminals and airplanes.
When I was in Venice Beach, California last weekend, I layered it with an indigo scarf from Ichcha, and a denim jacket. I also wore a pair of cropped leggings underneath. The look paired nicely with my Cobra Rock boots and Stash Market Bag. I was set for a day of photo taking and strolling in the sun.
What I Love
- The fabric really works.
- The caftan shape is easy to layer and accessorize.
- I wore it in June when I was stuck at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport. I slept in it, I sweat in it, I sat on the floor in it (to charge my electronics). It was comfortable and adaptable.
- It’s really light and doesn’t take up much room in your luggage.
- It’s easy to wash and dries overnight.
- It makes a great swimsuit cover-up since it dries so fast.
- Made in Canada.
- The Tilley Guarantee.
Not So Much
- It is advertised as a dress (in addition to caftan and cover-up), but I was not able to wear it as such without anything underneath because the slits on the sides were too high. I’m 5′ 5″ (165 cm) tall. Cropped leggings made it wearable as a tunic for me.
I really like this company. They stand behind what they sell. They pride themselves on making the finest quality outdoor products and hats, and treating their customers with fairness. Visit a retail location in Canada or their online store.
Although Tilley Endurables provided me with a sample of the “Forever Cool” Caftan/Cover-Up/Dress, the opinions expressed within this post are entirely my own.