I am desperate for a carry-on bag that offers a place for my computer on the outside of the suitcase. I also need this bag to carry clothing for 4-5 days, a pair of shoes, toiletries, a travel pillow, and camera accessories.
My first big solo trip since I had surgery this summer was to visit NYC. I didn’t have a lot to spend and found a good deal on Amazon, so I grabbed a Travelpro Crew 9 Expandable Business Plus Rollerboard 20″.
It looked like exactly what I needed.
The organization of this bag is great. The pockets on the front held my computer, as well as a couple of magazines, Macrobars, pens, a journal, the liquids bag that has to be removed at security, and inside there was a mesh zipper pocket (where I collected all of the paperwork from my trip), it even has a water bottle holder on one side….it would be the perfect bag if it weren’t so heavy.
I know it’s not just me because the men who helped get the bag up into the overhead bin asked if I was carrying rocks. Of course that was not the case. I even sent home my dirty clothes via FedEx.
I also had to get used to two wheels again, which took a while.
What I Love
- My MacBook Air fits snugly in the computer pouch.
- There are several places for credit cards, pens, and ID in the front pocket.
- The second pocket is narrow, but perfect for magazines and snacks.
- The bottle holder on the side zips open and closed.
- The small pouch for wet items inside.
- The convenient and large zipper pocket inside.
- There are straps inside that easily tighten to secure clothing.
- It expands!
Not So Much
- It’s heavy.
- It falls forward when expanded.
- It only has two wheels.
I really like the way the bag is made, but it just didn’t work out. If it were lighter, I’d give it another run. Looks like my husband gets this one.
I know there is a match out there for me! Please leave your suggestions in the comment section!
May your journey be your muse,